4.23.2006

Sweet is the taste of life

I have gotten email from a few people recently suggesting concerns about my health. Mental. That I seem bitter. Very. Funny, but bitter.

Saying, "I have nothing to complain about" always sounds ridiculous to me - everyone has something to complain about. And I don't think I complain as much as rant and grandstand here a bit.

Life is very sweet indeed. But writing about how happy I am about my profusion of tulips, and the thrill I feel at the arrival of warmer weather, how truly lucky I am to be able to pursue my joys of flying and travel, the pleasure and security I derive from my deep friendships... well, that's not funny. So I don't write about it.

But picking on Boeing executives for gleefully grabbing their ankles in public in front of the President of China? Funny. Soft targets. So that's what I write about.

Happy I am! Lucky I am! Watch me run! Fa la la!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home