10.20.2005

Neighbors

Red and I go walking every morning. Sometimes half an hour, sometimes an hour and a half. Red gets her fix, and she leaves me alone the rest of the day. (If I don't get her out for a walk, she follows me to every room and watches me, all day long.)

These walks have given me a much closer view of my neighbors. West Seattle is an old blue collar corner that has given way to becoming a suburban neighborhood of Seattle proper. It's gotten downright expensive in places.

These two pics are from an older time. Though I shot them today. The Smith and Wesson guy is three doors down from two brand-new Northwest Modern (river rock and exposed beam sort of architecture) homes that must have gone for $850k to $1.2 mil. But he's holding out, moss growing on his DirecTV dish, metal blinds in the windows broken and bent, filthy with his exhalations.

The truck losing the battle to the blackberries - not much to say here. Entropy lurks in every undisturbed place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home