9.03.2007

Seahawk


Hilary and Gail and I found this Osprey (or sea hawk, or hawk, or whatever it turned out to be) at Chelan. It was on the road coming down to my place, and a neighbor had warned us not to run over it.

Eventually, before I shot it for just being wounded or sick or whatever, we got help from animal control. Hilary said, "call someone. Anyone. You don't have to just shoot it." She was right. They came all the way from bloody Leavenworth to pick it up. I was really surprised.

Magnificent beast, even thought it couldn't even walk.

I hope they saved it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dim birds make some right fine stewin' meat!

8:09 PM  
Blogger JimBo said...

Hawks are amazing animals, majestic in every way. I can watch them for hours. I rally like watching them try to catch ducks, cause it just never happens. The ducks are just way too fast. But watching an eagle take off with someone's toy poodle is also very entertaining....

8:50 PM  
Blogger S said...

were you really going to shoot it?

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home