8.16.2007

Friend in China

I've got a friend who goes to China on biz a few times a year. His is pretty rough and ready travel, usually, but not this rough. His email just now, from Qingdao:

Dude what's shakin'? This trip has been full of firsts.
First lost bag, took 3 days to get it from Vancouver.
First hour delay in the plane on the tarmac, no AC, 110 F. And very nearly a riot. The guy next to me was skimming the sweat off his bald pate with a magazine, got some on the guy in front of him, very nearly a brawl. I went to my Zen place and did not commit murder or suicide.
First genuine flood as Qingdao and Shandong province set a 50 year record for single day rainfall. It was epic. Four drowned, mud and rock slides everywhere.
First mule and bullfrog meat that I know of. Ah travel! So grand.
Plenty of delightful moments as well, (the Italian national sailing team is staying at the hotel, lots of fit, tan young women traipsing about town), but on balance I'm ready to head home.
Got a free day tomorrow for the Qingdao Beer Festival then home on Sunday.
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home