4.29.2007

week end

I need to heed the days of rest.

I did a long ride yesterday, and it hurt way more than it should at this point in my 'training' for the STP. But that's because I haven't been 'training.'

Today, after a breakfast of two ibuprofen tablets, I spent the morning moving toward the finishing touches of the deck. Once that was done, my neighbor woman came over - a great inspiration of what your home and garden can look like - and inspired me to actually fill the steel planters that I had built weeks ago for bamboo. So we went bamboo and dirt shopping.

The result is calming. One day it will actually look done. And I won't feel like a broken old man anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

where are those strapping young lads when you need them?

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is lovely

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home