2.24.2007

Me at 20


I was repairing an old briefcase this week, and I found a pile of pictures in it.

When I was 19 I announced to my father that I was not going to go back to college for my junior year. I was moving to Australia. The discussion around this was lively. It consisted of, "bullshit you are." Followed by, "yes I am." It was the first time I'd really stood up to him.

Eventually the "yes I am" side won. I won't digress on the whole story, but I ended up being qualified as a 'foreign expert' in satellite technology, and the Australians gave me a work permit.

This is a picture of me with my VW pickup truck. I'm not sure if I felt like such a badass, but I look like something straight from the bush.

Nice shorts.

2 Comments:

Blogger JimBo said...

C taking it to the man. Right on.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely wig!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home