1.14.2007

Windy clear cold

I packed up on Friday, and after spending 20 minutes breaking the ice from the inner workings of the hangar doors I was able to roll them open. Got some fuel, then jumped in a friend's RV6 to fly south. He doesn't get to fly it much these days, so he's loaned it to me for two weeks.

Seattle was clear and cold and almost windless. But by the time I was passing Mt. Rainier, I had a tailwind of about 40 mph. No bumps, just free speed.

I'm in Santa Ynez now, and it's cold here, too, but it warms up to about 50 during the day. Abnormally chilly everywhere in the west right now, but man is it clear.

Here are a few shots of my trip south.










Mt. Saint Helens growing and growling.











Crater Lake











Mt. Shasta. The wind down here was 50 - 60 mph. It got bumpy right after Shasta. I had to land at Red Bluff - 20 gusting 35. Landing was like ballet in boots.










And this is the ocean near San Luis Obispo, 10 minutes from landing at Santa Ynez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home